Why Basic Income? Why Basic Income?

A nicely done animation, to say the least. The audio, visual appeal, the style, everything is nice.
As for the narrative, I also do support the notion of Basic Income, despite being against globalization and communism, of all things. (I do understand there's not much connection, but the real question is - does anyone else?)

Anyhoe, I've noticed how people in the comment section are worried about the fact that less workers means less taxes, which means less finances that could be allocated for the program, while your sources would state that there wouldn't be such a drastic decrease in workers.

If there's one way of increasing the chances of Basic Income to become reality, that pops into my mind, is to incorporate some sort of a Robot Tax. Human workers are taxed, as a part of their earnings are taken away in form of taxes, so why not do the same for machines? They would technically earn more anyway, considering their higher labor efficiency compared to human labor.

And if human taxes go to stuff like healthcare, then why not take a part of the said Robot Tax and put it into state-funded workshops, as a machine equivalent of healthcare.

Of course I'm not an expert, so maybe the aforementioned idea has already been discussed a lot, or no one's touching the idea for a reason I don't know of yet.

Anyway, I find this submission rather good.

adamanimates responds:

Many thanks. There were articles a few weeks ago about Bill Gates suggesting a 'robot tax' of sorts, but I can't figure out a good way of deciding what the way to tax a robot is. How does it work for software? Does it count the number of workers displaced and come up with a tax based on that? I don't think it's workable, because it would be based on so much interpretation.

I think it's better to have simple, clear policies. A simple tax on capital could do that, and there are other options for debate.

Incident : 001 Incident : 001

Seems rather well animated to me :D

LTHS1222 responds:

I still suck at animating :(
It is a little bit longer than my first animation , which is no longer exist

Captain Wow Ep.1 Captain Wow Ep.1

...I lol'd :D

MLG Concentration MLG Concentration

I've lasted 128 seconds :D #GETREKT

Gr8 m8 i r8 8/8

Drink Beer, Neglect Family Drink Beer, Neglect Family

27 beers:
Moira had killed herself;
Lara was shot and killed while hooking;
Walcott shot himself in the head.

The funniest part is that I haven't even noticed how I reached 27...

esayitch responds:

Guess you're very good at handling drinks :P

Pico's School Reunion Pico's School Reunion

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PULL DOWN THE LOCK??? >:(

Actually, this would be a nice game, but THE FUCKING LOCK ruined it a bit...

Вишневый сoк Вишневый сoк

Nice song, and the instrument choice is rather awesome. The composition itself could be a bit longer though

Reflection Reflection

Fantastic.
This is something i would probably expect the part of myself with the shallow amount of sanity that's left within myself to be creating, if i could play harp that is...
Come to think of it, it kinda reminds me of David Firth's animation...

Chemiqals responds:

I'm glad it gave you such vivid imagery! =)

Living Color Living Color

This is something I'd expect from Space Dandy in some pursuit scene XD
Nice :D

How to draw feet from behind? How to draw feet from behind?

Basically a ball at the back end, a pad at the front, with a little arc inbetween and, of course, the toes.
And perhaps a line along the leg between the ball and the calf.

Ur welcome :P

Radical Radish Radical Radish

Nicely done, although solid background seems to clash with the seemingly uncolored radish.
Still, it looks rather detailed.

ManuelTacoface responds:

Yeah I kind of wanted to give it that flat look with the red background, similar to those old Dr. Seuss drawings, but yeah I see what you mean. Thanks for the positive rev btw and if you liked this piece, be sure to follow me to keep up with my future work!

Commission_See The Rainbow... Taste The Rainbow Commission_See The Rainbow... Taste The Rainbow

*click* Nice :D