Why Basic Income? Why Basic Income?

A nicely done animation, to say the least. The audio, visual appeal, the style, everything is nice.
As for the narrative, I also do support the notion of Basic Income, despite being against globalization and communism, of all things. (I do understand there's not much connection, but the real question is - does anyone else?)

Anyhoe, I've noticed how people in the comment section are worried about the fact that less workers means less taxes, which means less finances that could be allocated for the program, while your sources would state that there wouldn't be such a drastic decrease in workers.

If there's one way of increasing the chances of Basic Income to become reality, that pops into my mind, is to incorporate some sort of a Robot Tax. Human workers are taxed, as a part of their earnings are taken away in form of taxes, so why not do the same for machines? They would technically earn more anyway, considering their higher labor efficiency compared to human labor.

And if human taxes go to stuff like healthcare, then why not take a part of the said Robot Tax and put it into state-funded workshops, as a machine equivalent of healthcare.

Of course I'm not an expert, so maybe the aforementioned idea has already been discussed a lot, or no one's touching the idea for a reason I don't know of yet.

Anyway, I find this submission rather good.

adamanimates responds:

Many thanks. There were articles a few weeks ago about Bill Gates suggesting a 'robot tax' of sorts, but I can't figure out a good way of deciding what the way to tax a robot is. How does it work for software? Does it count the number of workers displaced and come up with a tax based on that? I don't think it's workable, because it would be based on so much interpretation.

I think it's better to have simple, clear policies. A simple tax on capital could do that, and there are other options for debate.

Incident : 001 Incident : 001

Seems rather well animated to me :D

LTHS1222 responds:

I still suck at animating :(
It is a little bit longer than my first animation , which is no longer exist

Captain Wow Ep.1 Captain Wow Ep.1

...I lol'd :D

The Twats The Twats

Awesome.

It almost ripped me into pieces by laughter for some reason xD

(the fact that this flash is a decade old makes it a bit more epic :D)

HellSpawn HellSpawn

Seems rather inspiring to say the least, especially with the mentioned drawbacks :D

RebWasTaken responds:

Thanks!

Birthday Night Birthday Night

Nice tune ^^

AviDotExe responds:

Thanks ^.^

Kinetic Typography: The Man Speech Kinetic Typography: The Man Speech

Well that was... original :/

Cannon in a can Cannon in a can

Hmm... That actually gives me quite a few ideas :D

Joeliolioliolio responds:

Hopefully these ideas are for a cartoon, I better not get sued for inspiring a can themed murderer again!

The Last Hope The Last Hope

Would be nice if there was more than just music and text :P

DeadPool's Chimichanga Escapade DeadPool's Chimichanga Escapade